Tuesday, June 24, 2014

About to Tweet that I'm on Twitter

I know it sounds weird to MANY of you, but I'm overwhelmed by the amount of technology and social media available.  I have an account for just about all of the avenues to indulge in the sound of my own voice (or at least the visual representation of it!) and spy on others.  I just never look at them ....

I have a blog so that I can work through my educational ideas without driving my husband crazy.  I read other blogs when they aren't trying to sell me something on TPT (sorry, but true- I've been guilty of the same).  I scroll through them on Bloglovin' until I see something interesting.  Lately, it's been about home improvement or DIY stuff.  

I have Instagram to spy on my two teen-age children.  Truth- my brother actually monitors it for me.

I love Facebook, but my family feels that I am guilty of over-sharing.  It's probably true.  They don't read my blog, so I share there.  It's also a spot to highlight my weird adventures and trash-treasure fun.  Some things, you just can't make up! 

I have a Twitter account because my friend Kate said I needed one for professional purposes.  I rarely look at it.  I get annoyed because I just have to follow a link to get more information most of the time.  I was only sort of wondering what the Property Brothers or Lucy Calkins are up to, not really willing to # it out.  It is summer, right?  I need more than 140 characters to express my thoughts.  I usually just re-tweet or favorite other things.  It's been a year and I'm struggling with it.

At the end of the school year, I was invited to join the "Techno Dragons" for my district.  Doesn't it sound like a creepy AV club?  Any way, the group of teachers help teach other teachers about current technology that they can use in their classroom and ways to integrate technology and learning.  My super-cool music teacher, Dakotah, is also a Techno Dragon.  With a name like Dakotah, you know he's going to be artsy, deep-thinking, and cutting edge.  He's also a new dad, so he's slowly losing his mind like the rest of us teacher-parents!  He's big on Twitter.... also pushing for me to actually use it for professional development.  Now, I feel like I HAVE to do it- just to be one of the cool kids.  I think I'm pretty cool already.  (Yes- I'm joking!)

I'm about to tweet this post.... Just so I can annoy people with having to follow a link to hear my musings......

No comments:

Post a Comment