Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday- The Next Step in Guided Reading

I am about a week and a 1/2 into summer vacation and I'm still waiting to see when life will slow down.  Seriously!  We decided this week to put our house up for sale, in order to move closer to my school and hubby's work.  My afternoon commute was creeping up toward 1 hour 15 minutes, so we are taking the leap.  In times like these, I need mindless reads to calm me and take a mental break before bed.  Unfortunately, what I've been reading keeps me up late reading!  Ugh!  Fail.

Product Details  and  Product Details 

Not exactly classical literature, but even I have a weakness for a bad boy :)  

Professionally... I've been reading and following along with a bunch o' bloggers.  You can follow along with some amazing teacher bloggers by starting right here:
 
Be sure to follow all of the links to find out how TONS of K-1 teachers implement these ideas into their teaching bag of tricks.  I've been pinning a bunch of thoughts on Pinterest, knowing that I will forget by the time school starts in the fall.  I've also been highlighting throughout the book and noting some of the bloggers' ideas.  It's not too late to join in the read :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Michele,

    I loved the two "Disaster" books! You're right, they aren't classic lit, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. I just finished And the Mountains Echoed and I started The Storyteller.
    Good luck with your house/move. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about Walking Disaster! I have read Beautiful Disaster but forgot another one came out.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete