Sunday, June 2, 2013

Currently... I'm sick.

I have been pretending for about 5 days that I am NOT sick.  Sure there was a fever involved, but 100 is hardly anything to slow a teacher down!  I'm a wife, mom, and teacher... ain't nobody got time for that! (Sorry, that youtube video is stuck in my head, still).

It started with a headache, nothing out of the ordinary.  I'm a teacher and it's the last few weeks of school.  It progressed to a heavy feeling in my chest- like a 20 pound cat was sitting on it (which there was at one point while I was sleeping).  My ears were plugged, which hubby said made me even louder than normal.  He's a keeper.  It spiraled into coughing and a sore throat... then into me losing my voice off and on.  Hubby seemed okay with that part.  Today, I conceded and went to urgent care.  The doctor informed me that I'm "sick".  Thanks.  I'm a teacher, not a doctor.  Anyway, I have 3 different medications to dry up my head.  I'm hoping I don't end up like the shrunken heads on the Jungle Cruise ride at the Magic Kingdom.

Since I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for the meds to take hold.... I have plenty of time to link up with Farley.  I don't even teach 4th grade, but I L.O.V.E. this girl's sense of humor and honesty!  You MUST check her out this summer at:

Here is what I am up to right now:


Here's to a day of rest and baseball!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck keeping your boys young. It seems that with a blink of an eye, they graduate.

    I hope you feel better soon so that you can get out and enjoy the warmer weather. :)

    We'll have to chat about the books you are reading. I'm always adding to my reading list.

    Glad to find you though currently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I hope you feel better soon.

    Oh boy 11 & 13! My baby is only 2 & I already think he's too big & what happened to my little baby.
    I'm your newest follower, I love linky's & finding new blogs to follow.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you are sick Michelle! I hope you get well soon! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete