Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reptile Book Template

Science isn't my strongest field.... Nature Girl will loudly agree with that statement!  In an effort to make it more geared towards the direction we are heading with exploratory methods and teaching models (and to also get in more nonfiction writing opportunities!), I made a template for writing about reptiles.  I know it's not beautiful with theme-y clip art.  However, scientists rarely troll the Scrappin' Doodles and Thistle Girl sites like teachers do!   I do love me a good piece of cuteness, but I wanted to keep all illustrations and graphics focused on the student work. 

Here is a bare-bones writing template I am using this week with my class....

Pages are titled with different formats on each.  Click HERE to see in in my TPT store.


The first 5 people to comment get it free :)


8 comments:

  1. Simple works for me. The important part is that the kids get it. Thanks for sharing.
    Kim
    Muek@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Bryn
    bryneven@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    meghankyne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart!!!! Now you should make one for each type of animal group! :) I'm starting fish next week...can you whip one up? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Jaime had an awesome idea.... she just got 6 booklets for free from me :) I just added more animal groups to my TPT page if you are interested: birds, fish, arachnids, fish, and amphibians. Mammals may come later on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're just about to start animal classification. Perfect!
    Maria
    meemsickle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My firsties would love this!
    becca.hartung@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bare bones is perfect for my firsties- I'd love a copy! heyjbales@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete