Friday, August 31, 2012

First week lesson plans done!

Now that I have one year in first grade under my belt (and reading TONS of books & blogs), lesson planning is a bit easier.  Here is the first week will look like for my new batch of friends:
 




This is a Google Doc in Word, so you can absolutely borrow it if you need a change in your planning format.  However, please don't pass it off as your own (I will get sad).  In fact, this format is a variation of the work done by Jessica Meacham.

You will notice that for readers and writers workshop, there isn't tons of detail there.  I have separate binders for each that contain the unit and the scripts for specific lessons.  I write all over it to make it my own (my personal language choices or added ideas).  My principal knows that I have the binders, so it's not a big deal.

Many of the "back to school" or building communities activities will come from this awesome packet from Abby Mullins:
Fun with Firsties! {Back to School for First Grade}
 
Have a super Labor Day holiday!

4 comments:

  1. I recenlty came across your site while searching for some lesson plan ideas. Variation on a theme is the way forward! I recently discovered the lesson plans on Share My Lesson which are also free to download... Variation and sharing? Are lesson plans in a state of evolution!!! B : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I was wondering if you could help me with my first year lesson plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I am going from fifth grade to first grade so I'm extremely excited about teaching the younger babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. My current plan wasn't working for me or my students.

    ReplyDelete