We still have 8 more days of learning ahead of us... that's right- I'm trying to keep the focus on learning around here (hard as it may be!). We don't start the school year until after Labor Day, so we don't end until mid-late June. I'm sad when I read about my bloggy friends wrapping up their year... then I realize that I'm at the beach still in August :)
I ran out of the specific units of study for reading that my district provided a week or so ago (I swear- I DID do them all!), so I have been reviewing comprehension strategies and focusing on a "reader-ly life".
This week we are learning and thinking about:
- Readers read EVERY day- not just on school days.
- Readers make plans to read and set goals.
- When can I read this summer?
- Where can I read this summer?
- What books would I like to read this summer?
- Who can I discuss my books with or read to this summer?
- Readers can keep a writing journal to track their goals.
- What books did I read?
- What books do I want to add on to the list? (Making a new plan, when goals are met.)
This makes my heart smile!
Just in case you are still making the most out of every day in school... here is the page that I used to inspire my kiddos to keep their reading goals:
|Click HERE to download for FREE|
Take care for now, friends!