Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer Bucket List

I'm VERY opposed to a count-down to summer in my classroom.  In fact, I even put a plea in my newsletter to parents in an effort to squelch the uprising of first-grade fever.  I said something about "the limited moments available for learning opportunities".  On a personal note.... I"M SCREAMIN' IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS!  We have about 5 weeks left which has me in a bit of a panic, but also looking forward to regrouping and spending time with my own children.  I love a a good list (and love to check them items off even more!).  I'm joining in with a few of my favorite bloggers for some fun (and distraction from panic):

Here are some off the top of my head:
  • I don't have to move my classroom this summer (first time in 4 years!), so I have a few projects in mind.  I REALLY want to fancy up the file cabinet in the back of the room.  Here is my inspiration:
link to info
I have an ugly potion of a brick wall that I need to do something with... maybe this will help.
all crafts 8 File Cabinet Makeovers {Drab to Fab!}
link to directions
  • We already have a vacation planned to Tawas, MI.  We go every year and stay in a sweet little cabin right on the bay.  My boys and I go for a week with my parents (gotta love when grandma and grandpa insist on taking care of the kids!).  The mister joins us on the weekends.  Here is where I plan to read a bunch of mind-candy books:
  • We haven't been to the Detroit Institute of Arts in a few years, and I'd like to take the boys now that they are older and can appreciate more than the restaurant and gift shop.
  • I need more space for books (even though I'm obsessed with my Kindle Fire, I still crave the smell of new books).  We are hoping to re-do our family room.  Here's the inspirartion:
Pinned Image

I'm sure more will come up (like a getaway with the mister without the kids!), but it's a good start :)



12 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I LOVE the filing cabinets! I need to put that on my list.
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some fun projects to do this summer! I always have lots of projects to do as well. I only have 8 days left, so I'm looking forward to beginning my projects. Good luck with your projects!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the file cabinet idea and thinking the thingys on the wall would be an awesome way of sharing some of my books...wonder how it will work on a brick wall?
    Have a great time!

    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun ahead!
    Have a wonderful summer.
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the file cabinet covers!!!! I'm a new follower.

    Marie
    www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bookshelves on the wall!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to be your newest follower!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining our party!! I love those filing cabinet ideas!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! thanks for linking up :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background looks awesome…im your newest follower…. Drop by

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those file cabinets rock my socks off! I so need to do this. And . . . here's to not having to move. That's a summer killer for sure :).

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete