Monday, May 21, 2012

Manic Monday Freebie!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that some teachers and I have been feverishly working on a training for our district on Words Their Way.  If you are unfamiliar, it is a spelling, phonics, and vocabulary program all rolled into one.  The heart of the program is that new readers & writers look for patterns in words to read, make meaning, and later spell.  We had our presentation/ training last week and it was great.  The teachers in our district were very supportive (no heckling- yeah!) and asked some really great questions.

I have also been creating some making words activities (available on TPT) and games for my class, based on the program.  Here is a FREE game for you in celebration of Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies.  It uses the short u families.  Enjoy!

TPT LINK
You can find more freebies EVERY Monday!  Start here to get started:





Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

P.S. I need a little bloggy love (rough times in our room lately), so if you like this- let me know.   Yes!  I am desperate for your affection :)  Sad, right?





7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thank you for the download! I hope that your hard times pass soon (they will!) and that you enjoy the ending of your school year. I'm following you now! :) Can't wait to see more of what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha bloggie affection is always good therapy!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog is Having a Giveaway!
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect! I am starting short u this month so I will definitely be getting good use out of this! Hopefully all of the stress will pass soon... somehow it always does!
    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach 2nd, but just found out I'm going to have a low reading group when school starts back in the fall. This will be great!

    I'm your newest follower. :-)

    Thanks!
    Cynthia

    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand about needing some love/rough times. Oh my...that's all I can say. Thanks for the download. Love it! Looking forward to the long weekend. Hopefully the rest of your week goes by quickly! :)

    Andrea
    Stepping Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great download and fabulous organizational ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me how to play Connect 4 using the mats you made?

    ReplyDelete