Saturday, February 11, 2012

Real Talk

I wanted to post some pearls of wisedom.... or at least some amazing idea that I was able to put into practice this week with photos.  I got nothing, kids!  I'll pass along my Lego addition page if you stick it out and listen to my pathetic tale :)
Some days, we are just hoping to make it out alive and with our students learning and still liking us.  It's one of the truths that few teachers will talk about outside of education circles.  It's hard to describe until you live it each day.  This was one of those weeks.  There was not one thing that I can point to and say, "Yep, that was it!  That is why I was so emotional, self-doubting, and heart broken all week."  It was a slow build up that led to a CRAZY headache and a 7:30pm bedtime by Friday night.  Most days I feel valued and that teachers have a higher calling.  I LOVE my job and am so grateful that I can guide students through learning and help them find joy.  However, I felt like a punching bag most of this week.  I've had worse weeks and have been fine.  I'm just overwhelmed right now- it'll pass.  I think it's the winter blahs finally hitting me.

Tonight, my hubby and I are having a date night, with our kids staying the night with my in-laws.  He's already asked if I can stay awake for both dinner AND a movie.  For him (the lamination-cutting king) and Italian food, I can do just about anything :)  So friends, tonight I will raise a glass to making a difference and pray for a better week starting Monday.

P.S.  Here's your math FREEBIE!

CLICK HERE

6 comments:

  1. I think we all have those kinda weeks every once in a while!! I hope that you have a wonderful time tonight with your hubby. Thank you for the freebie too!
    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there, my friend! Just remember "This too shall pass!!" And it will! Have a relaxing weekend and know those babies will be so glad to see you Monday morning!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I know exactly how you felt. Been there too many times myself. Lately I'm dubbing it the Winter Doldrums.

    I hope you enjoy your weekend and date night, and get refreshed. Best wishes!

    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, I think that most in our building, including me, had the same kind of week! Hugs to you and I hope that next week is better for all of us! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ALL SO SWEET! I did have a lovely dinner at a non-chain, local Italian restaurant (I could literally BATHE in their palamino sauce!). I did so well staying awake, that hubby bought me some popcorn at the movies with some chedder stuff on top. Lame- yes, but it was a night without kids and my best friend of almost 16 years (hubby) made me laugh.

    Tommorow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete